Monday, May 16, 2011

READ: Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio "Formally Kicking Off" Re-election Effort With E-mail

Here is the text of the e-mail that Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio just sent out to his e-mail list, "formally kicking off" his re-election campaign.  (Remember, it informally kicked off last year when he ran ads for now-County Attorney Bill Montgomery and against then-County Attorney Rick Romley, which Arpaio unsuccessfully claimed were for his 2012 re-election.)

SUBJECT LINE OF E-MAIL:  "Sheriff Joe: "Obama Wants Me to Stop Enforcing the Law"

TEXT:

Dear Concerned Citizen:


Did you happen to hear President Obama’s speech on “immigration reform” last week? What was billed as a major policy speech on illegal immigration turned out to be nothing more than a hyper-partisan diatribe against those of us who believe in enforcing immigration laws that are already on the books.

Obama shamelessly and recklessly insulted those of us who believe in a secure border by saying we want “moats with alligators” built along the border. He is completely out of touch with the American people on this issue.

And he said the cities along the border have never been safer. He must be living on another planet.

I’m writing you today to let you know that I am formally kicking off my re-election campaign for another term as Sheriff of Maricopa County in Arizona.

It has been an honor and a distinct privilege to serve the people even in the face of difficult challenges as I go about doing the job I was elected to do. For example, you have probably heard by now that President Barack Obama’s Justice Department is suing me because I won’t conform to their turn-a-blind-eye strategy when it comes to arresting and detaining illegal immigrants.

They have even opened a “civil rights” investigation into my policies – all because I’m enforcing the laws on the books!

I made it clear that the Justice Department can make whatever empty threats they want to, but I swore an oath to protect and defend the Constitutions of both the state of Arizona and the United States. As long as the laws are on the books, I’m going to enforce them unapologetically.

The reasons for running for another term are simple: I will continue to enforce illegal immigration laws, operate the “Tent City” jails, track down “dead-beat Dads,” and go after those who abuse animals.

But my re-election to another term as Sheriff will not be easy.

Because I have taken the lead over the years by enforcing existing state and federal laws against illegal immigration, I have become the target of attack by radical, left-wing, open-borders extremists.

I’ve been sued, picketed, burned in effigy and even had the Reverend Al Sharpton come to Phoenix – TWICE! – to march on my headquarters. Some have even gone so far as to call for my assassination! And, the Mexican Drug Cartels have put a $1 MILLION BOUNTY on my head.

What these extremists really want is a Sheriff who will look the other way, be silent and allow the charade to continue, while ignoring the laws of our land. That, I promise, will never happen.

I won’t back down. I won’t surrender to politicians, thugs or drug dealers! And I certainly won’t back down to the far-left ACLU!

But I desperately need your help. It's going to take a lot of resources to combat the attacks and false allegations against me and my deputies — as well as the latest talk about a recall campaign to remove me from office. We anticipate the hardest campaign in history to remove me due to my unyielding stance on illegal immigration enforcement.

I cannot compete with the local and national media machines that distort my record and the job I’m doing to protect this country. And, I don’t have the personal resources to defend myself from these vicious attacks.

That’s why I’m writing to you. I have to go directly to the people for their support. I need good people like you in this country to stand behind me and help me fight this fight.

Whether you live in Maricopa County or not, please understand that my efforts to stop the flow of illegal immigrants in this county affect your community as well. Maricopa County has become the gateway for human smugglers to place illegal aliens in “drop houses” before they are picked up and sent elsewhere in our state or our country.

Will you join me? I desperately need your help now. My election has been targeted as the frontline in the battle to end illegal immigration. We must win this battle.

Your financial support today is so critical. Please log on to http://www.reelectjoearpaio.com right now and make a much needed contribution. Any amount you can offer today is tremendously appreciated. I promise I will not let you down.

The fight starts now. Please help me. I pledge to you that I will never give up or surrender. Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,



Sheriff Joe Arpaio

Maricopa County



P.S. In addition to making a contribution, please do me a favor and forward this email to at least five of your friends, family members and other individuals who share our views. Together we can win this fight. Thank you.







We welcome your comments about this post. Or, if you have something unrelated on your mind, please e-mail to info-at-arizonaspolitics-dot-com. Thanks.

No comments: